1. I have 2 parents whom I know love me very much.
2. I have 2 younger sisters that I adore.
3. I have a wonderful husband who will do anything to make me happy.
4. I have 3 beautiful children that I would do anything in the universe for.
5. I am 1/4 Czech, 1/4 French, and 1/2 English (with a touch of Scottish).
6. I got to visit all of the places my ancestors are from when we lived in France 2 years ago.
7. Paris was a trés chic place to live for 18 months, but I confirmed my belief that I am not a big city girl.
8. I started this blog last year so that our family and friends who don’t live nearby can keep up with us a little better; I wish I had started it years ago, especially when we lived overseas (I’m so glad I have those old e-mails to reminisce – I’m going to post about Guam next).
9. I loved living in Guam.
10. I wanted to be a teacher when I was a little girl, and I got the opportunity to teach while stationed overseas at DoDEA (military base) schools in Japan and Guam.
11. As much as I liked teaching, I know I am better in an office setting.
12. The Army tried to recruit me 20 years ago while I was in college; I took the ASVAB (not knowing what it was), and the recruiters wanted to send me to DLI (Defense Language Institute) in Monterey, CA after my scores came back.
13. I attended DLI 4 years ago with my husband and am now fluent in French.
14. I took Spanish in high school and have been trying to re-learn it over the past couple of years – I’m finding it’s hard to do on my own.
15. I have permanently changed addresses 17 times; 3 times were outside the US (#18 comes in 9 weeks).
16. I have visited 49 of the 50 States; Alaska is my last one.
17. I tear up every time I hear the National Anthem.
18. I would love to parachute from an airplane one day.
19. I love to play games – board games, cards, word puzzles – just about anything.
20. I am a rule-stickler; I will pull out the rules sheet in the middle of any game if there is any question about whether the game is being played correctly.
21. I love playing games on the Wii with my family.
22. I want to attempt a 1/2 marathon race one day (and maybe a marathon, but we’ll see after the 1/2)…that is if my knee will cooperate.
23. I think my husband and I would make a great team on The Amazing Race.
24. My sisters and I had a 17 hands high Appaloosa named Sgt. Tommy when we were kids.
25. I became a certified SCUBA diver when I was in high school.
26. I don’t like coffee or tea; as good as some of them smell, they taste like (flavored) dirt to me.
27. I have watched people hurl in Ireland (it’s a sport).
28. I am a chocoholic, and I hide chocolate around my house so that my kids won’t eat it all.
29. I went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans when I was pregnant with my first child; not a good idea.
30. I went to Mardi Gras in Venice, Italy with a friend and our kids a couple of years ago; it was awesome.
31. My husband and I are in the process of designing our dream house and hope to start building it before the end of this year (address change #19).
32. Did I mention that I like love chocolate?
33. I love sitting on the beach at sunrise or sunset and listening to the waves roll back and forth.
34. I have never smoked a cigarette.
35. I enjoy watching sports – especially anything my kids are playing.
36. I hate cold weather.
37. I have a goal to be in better shape and lose a few pounds before we move in 9 weeks; my youngest son gave me 6 candy bars for my birthday this morning, and I just found a cake and ice cream in the freezer. Big workout tomorrow!
38. My middle name is Rose, and I was born and raised in the South, hence the name Southern Rose.
39. I start my 40th year of life today.